Why consider the Main Market?
As successful companies expand in today's global market place, they need capital to fund their growth. An admission on the Exchange’s Main Market enables companies to access Europe's deepest pool of capital and gain the key benefits of higher profile and liquidity. These benefits are underpinned by the Main Market's balanced and respected framework of regulation and corporate governance.
Companies who are not yet eligible for Premium or Standard Listing on the Main Market can now gain access to capital via our High Growth Segment
(HGS) which provides companies the opportunity to fund their growth whilst preparing for an official listing in time.
The Main Market is the destination of choice for the world’s leading companies for a flotation or when raising further capital - a listing on the Main Market represents an aspiration for many companies. In general, the Main Market suits ambitious and more mature companies that are confident that they can exploit the benefits the Main Market offers, and meet its high standards of disclosure, governance and regulation.
The market is truly global, with companies traded on it attracting keen attention from internationally focused investors in the UK and around the world.
The Main Market offers companies:
- access to a robust, real-time share price providing the issuer's market valuation through leading edge trading services
- access to deep pools of capital
- benchmarking through the FTSE UK Index Series (where appropriate)
- high profile through media coverage, investment research and announcements
- the Exchange’s portfolio of products and services and continuing efforts to maximise market efficiency.
Guide to listing on the London Stock Exchange (file pdf - 8 MB)